Saturday, August 28, 2010

SEPTEMBER tweet talk by Ali.O'Halloran

TOO CLOSE FOR COMFORT.......
If only a tracksuit had the same appeal.......
Thank god it's Spring! Warmer days...... bye, bye tracky dacks!
When is living in your track suit pants too,too much??
Yes it's been the coldest winter in years and yes they're extremely comfortable and warm, but so are my doona and passion killer polo fleece pjs...... but I don't hit the streets wearing them! My 9 year old neice wears tracksuit pants purely because the word "strapper" is plastered all over one leg.......but what credibility does a 9 yr old have?
Don't get me wrong......I'd be lying if I said I never wore my trackies in winter and I'd be lying if I said that they're not the first thing I reach for after a long day at work. Peeling off those rotten gut squeezing wool opaque tights and 25 layers of whatever ......
I'd be lying if I didn't wish that I could wear them at the drop of a hat and look like one of those dancers from that fabulous movie "Fame".....but sadly not!
And last but not least......I'd really be lying if I didn't admit to loving the perve of seeing the 'late' JFK Junior running through New York's Central Park. There's just something about a grey marle tracksuit with a "V" sweat mark down the front.**Only JFK Junior could get away with it!
The thing is........ where do you draw the line? MC Hammer thought he rocked in the silky trackies,Madonna needs to seriously move on from the Adidas silkies and as for the 'trackie dack mall rats' that plague shopping centres....well,say no more....

Call me a snob,superficial,vain whatever you want.....I just think that tracksuit pants worn "EVERYDAY" simply scream, "I've given up on life and my name is "Jim-Bob".Get the picture!
The other day I read something funny that stuck in my mind. Bizarrely,it went on to say how so many people seem to confuse the term 'tracksuit'. I'm understanding the 'track' part - it's the 'suit' bit that's weird and obviously confusing for some. It then went on to say, if tracksuit pants could talk they'd probably say,"I don't care anymore, I eat out of cans and I watch Jerry Springer. (by the way......I "love" the J.S show)
I agree with the writer....no matter how comfortable they claim to be, there's that inner fashion snob in me that would rather throw on a pair of stomach choking, thigh strangling, crutch burning jeans than trailer park dacks.
I too am not ready to throw in the towel just yet but lucky for my own credibility you can't see what I'm wearing as I type.









No comments:

Post a Comment